VoiceJam A Capella Festival
A cappella [a cap·pel·la] voices only.
… But this is not your grandmother’s a cappella. This is current music and old music made current by extreme vocal range and control, tight harmonies, sick beats and vocal percussion… Whether you want to compete, learn or listen, VoiceJam has something for everyone.
April 6 & 7, 2018
Walton Arts Center, Northwest Arkansas
Welcome to the fourth annual VoiceJam, a festival produced by Walton Arts Center, featuring regional and international contemporary a cappella ensembles. Hosted by Deke Sharon, dubbed by Entertainment Weeklyas "the father of contemporary a cappella," the festival will light up Northwest Arkansas with the tight harmonies and sick beats of contemporary a cappella. Taking place in Northwest Arkansas, VoiceJam features an array of events from a competition, full day of workshops, a professional showcase concert, unexpected aca-concerts around the community, concerts for NWA schools, plus other aca-surprises.
NEW! Join the VoiceJam Varsity Singers
Take part in VoiceJam! For singers in high school and college - a workshop intensive, ending with a VoiceJam performance on April 5.
2018 Competitors have been announced!
- The Originals – Carnegie Mellon University
- VORTEX – University of Texas at Arlington
- Mind the Gap – University of Oregon
- The Harmelodics – Northern Illinois University
- Impromptu – Indianapolis, IN (community group)
- The Amateurs – Washington University in St. Louis
- The Texas Songhorns – University of Texas at Austin
- Ars Nova – Miami Valley School (High School, Dayton, Ohio)