Things for kids & families to watch!
Kennedy Center NSO Young People's Concert celebrate JFK's vision and courage
- The National Symphony Orchestra's Young People's Concerts are full orchestra concerts for school groups, grades 3-8. Each season these performance / demonstrations introduce students to the instruments and musicians of the orchestra, as well as musical concepts and curated selections from the orchestral repertoire that connect to educational themes. The Kennedy Center presented a special complete broadcast of the NSO's 2016-2017 season's Young People's Concert, Reach for the Moon!
- The concert was conducted by Michael Butterman, and hosted by NSO violinist Marissa Regni. During the broadcast, the NSO performed:
- English composer Gustav Holst’s tribute to the red planet
- American composer Mason Bates’s re-imagining of an astronaut’s spacewalk
- Music by two of the world’s greatest composers - Johann Sebastian Bach and Ludwig van Beethoven
- John Ireland’s stirring march written for the British people during World War II
- John Williams’s famous film score that captures an epic, intergalactic clash between good and evil.
- Most importantly, you will learn about President John F. Kennedy’s vision and courage to make an impossible mission - possible. WATCH IT HERE.
Sing along with the Disney Family Singalong
- Tony winners Idina Menzel and Ben Platt will join forces for a duet of Aladdin's "A Whole New World" on the ABC broadcast The Disney Family Singalong: Volume II, premiering Sunday, May 10th at 6pm central. The broadcast, featuring celebrity guests performing from their respective homes, will subsequently be available to stream on Disney+. GET MORE INFORMATION HERE.
Daily concerts with Justin Roberts
- Grammy®-nominated children’s musician Justin Roberts is holding daily Facebook Live concerts for his fans, taking requests, and sharing his fans’ artwork.
Virtual expiditions with the Okee Dokee Brothers
- Hunker down and gather 'round with the Grammy Award-winning Okee Dokee Brothers. It's a perfect time for a virtual expedition, and these beautiful 40-minute adventure films are a great way to help cure the cabin fever. Extend the experience with the activities in the Study Guide.
The Cleveland Orchestra's Mindful Music Moments playlist
- Across Northeast Ohio, 20,000+ students in 54 schools start each day with calm and focus with Mindful Music Moments — featuring recordings of The Cleveland Orchestra. Enjoy a moment of learning and meditation with the orchestra - two of the members are alumni of the Artosphere Festival Orchestra: Assistant Concertmaster, Steven Tavani (AFO 2018) and Assistant Principal Trombone Shachar Israel (AFO 2013). CLICK HERE TO WATCH & RELAX.
Sing along with and get to know Sonia De Los Santos
- Join Latin Grammy nominee Sonia De Los Santos from home with En Casa con Sonia! Sing along to her beloved songs, learn about the stories that inspire her music, and get to know the work of some of her favorite artists.
New York Philharmonic Young Peoples Concert featuring Dvořák’s New World Symphony
- Check out the New York Philharmonic Young Peoples' Concert: Antonín Dvořák’s New World Symphony: In Search of an American Voice. WATCH HERE.
An into to classical music from Sesame Street
- Sesame Street's "People in Your Neighborhood" introduces a Conductor, featuring New York Philharmonic Conductor Emeritus Alan Gilbert. Cellist Avery Waite, who plays in the Artosphere Festival Orchestra, plays in the video. WATCH HERE.
Like our Learning & Engagement FaceBook page to stay up to date!