Things for kids & families to do!
Fruit Salad Moves from Walton Arts Center
- Have fun moving with rhythm. Use your own body, words and a chair to sit on. Practice your fruit salad moves, then perform for your family! WATCH & LEARN HERE.
Half of Arx Duo teaches you how to make a drum set at home
- Join Garrett Arney of Arx Duo to learn how you can make a drum set with items in your very own home! Arx Duo is a featured ensemble of Walton Arts Center's Artosphere Festival Orchestra (AFO), and GARRETT PUT TOGETHER THIS VIDEO for our HeARTs to Homes broadcast celebrating the work of the AFO!
ART/VOICE/ARKANSAS program from the Arkansas Arts Council
- The Arkansas Arts Council's new program ART/VOICE/ARKANSAS wants to showcase student artwork and is currently accepting submissions of visual and literary art created by Arkansas students in Kindergarten through 12th grade. LEARN MORE HERE.
I Am An Islander study from home program
- Mirroring how stories were gathered and shared in the creation of Come From Away, the I Am An Islander project encourages students to conduct interviews on a topic or issue affecting the respective community. As we're all facing the same big, life-changing event, the program asks students to interview family and friends near and far to gather stories about how the crisis is affecting their community. Students are then tasked with taking these interviews and translating them into a performance piece, a poem, a visual art piece, a short film, the output opportunities are unlimited. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE.
"Stuck at Home" with Justin Roberts
- Grammy®-nominated children’s musician Justin Roberts has created a “Stuck at Home” page on JustinRobertsMusic.com with Stuck at Home printable activities and artwork.
FREE audio version of “Viva Durant and the Secret of the Silver Buttons"
- Ashli St. Armant, aka Jazzy Ash, released her first Audible Original audiobook, “Viva Durant and the Secret of the Silver Buttons,” to rave reviews and now it's available for free on Audible Discover while schools are closed. Featuring a determined young heroine, a jazzy score and the vibrancy of New Orleans, this is a mystery story for young and old alike. Jazzy Ash & the Leaping Lizards performed a great concert for kids and families in Starr Theater in March 2018.
Teacher training from Bari Koral
- Check out the comprehensive new online teacher training program from Bari Koral. Teachers, librarians, and caregivers of all kinds can learn how to create engaging yoga and mindfulness classes for kids. For those that might not be ready to sign up for the full training, there's a free introductory "Crash Course" option too.
Ozark Natural Science Center's weekly learning opportunities
- In year's past, Ozark Natural Science Center has provided science and nature learning opportunities to families through Walton Arts Center's Artosphere Festival and Pre-Show Activities. Join their Teacher Naturalists each week to unlock your inner scientist, artist, writer, and thinker by exploring the world around us! CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE.
Moving Through Math by Marcia Daft
- Marcia Daft is a Kennedy Center educator and Founder and Director of Moving Through Math and Teaching the Music of Language. Marcia has facilitated professional development programs for Arkansas teachers through Walton Arts Center's Arts With Education Institute (AWE) and SmART Residency programs. Marcia produced a series of Arts Integrated Science lessons for Pre-K-2 children titled, "Caterpillar to Butterfly: Adventures in Science, Music, and Dance." This series of 5 online video lessons teaches the life cycle of the Monarch butterfly broken into structured learning units. This arts-integrated project won TWO Omni Awards for children's film and 5-star endorsements from the National Science Teacher's Association (NSTA), National Geographic Kids, and American Biology Teacher. It is now free to students through the end of the school year by CLICKING HERE.
Weekly videos, arts activities and resources from Factory Obscura
- Factory Obscura is an Oklahoma City-based art collective creating immersive experiences that awaken wonder, build community, and make the world better. Their At Home page features coloring and activity sheets for families in English and Spanish, and features additional links to activities & resources from the Oklahoma Arts Community. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Disney Theatrical Productions presents The Lion King Experience: At Home
- In the wake of school closures around the country due to the ongoing pandemic, Disney Theatrical Productions is now offering a free, virtually accessible version of its The Lion King Experience, a holistic arts education program that provides students and educators an introduction to theatre-making through the lens of the international hit musical. The web-based curriculum, launched in 2015, was originally designed to be facilitated in a classroom as an enhancement for schools producing KIDS and JR. adaptations of The Lion King through Music Theatre International, but with the new step-by-step guidelines, students are able to participate under social distancing measures. The materials contain all of the tools needed for The Lion King Experience’s experiential theatre curriculum (an 11-session course for the students aged 8-11 and an 18-session course for students aged 12-15), including video instruction, at-home learning instructions, and student materials. Visit LionKingExperience.com for more information. The at-home learning instructions are available on the homepage, and all sessions are unlocked for students and teachers during this time.
Online learning ideas for teachers & families New Victory Arts Break
- Explore the arts at home! New Victory Arts Break offers ideas for teachers and families to incorporate performing arts into their online learning. Each week will focus on a different art form, including songwriting, puppetry, percussion and more, with a series of free activities for kids guided by New Victory Teaching Artists. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE.
Jacob's Pillow Families Dance Together
- Experience the fun and joy of creating simple dances from the comfort of your home in this FREE inter-generational movement class, held on Fridays, May 29 through June 19. Designed for movers of all ages to enjoy together, from kids to adults. We invite you to get your whole household moving! Registration required. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE.
Like our Learning & Engagement FaceBook page to stay up to date!