Arts Learning for Adults
Virtual date nights made easy by Dallas Museum
- Dallas Museum wants to help you plan your next date night and it's all virtual! SEE INFO ON THEIR VIRTUAL DATE NIGHTS HERE and VIEW THEIR COLLECTION HERE.
A virtual celebration of native culture
- The Museum of Native American History hosted the fourth annual Native American “Virtual” Cultural Celebration: “Four Directions. One Earth. Mission United" Oct. 1 -3, 2020. This annual event connects history and tradition with present-day indigenous leaders and reaches out to educate future generations about the first peoples of the Americas, celebrating our collective history and humanity.
- This year’s theme centers on science, leadership, tradition, Indigenuity*, solutions for the planet, Star stories, animal medicine, art, and the never-ending curiosity to reach for the stars. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE.
Artist Nick Cave at the Momentary
- Nick Cave: Until is the largest and most ambitious project yet from the renowned artist. This immersive exhibition is a visual feast for the eyes, spanning more than 24,000 square feet of gallery space at the Momentary and bursting with colorful wind spinners, wallpapers, found objects, beads, and a crystal cloud beckoning visitors to climb its ladders and discover a private garden.
- But below its surface, Until is a response to the question: Is there racism in heaven? Through visual art and mixed media, Nick Cave addresses gender, race, and gun violence in America, and asks viewers to think about where we are today and what the future may look like. Admission is free for all. LEARN MORE HERE.
Music and masterclass videos from the Afro Latin Jazz Alliance
- The Afro Latin Jazz Alliance is a New York based cultural organization dedicated to education, preservation, and performance of an American musical treasure, Afro Latin jazz. Founded by pianist, composer, and educator Arturo O’Farrill in 2007, ALJA’s programs span the five New York City boroughs and beyond. O'Farrill and the Afro Latin Jazz Octet played on our Starrlight Jazz Series in April 2016. For more about ALJO, including links to their Masterclass videos, VISIT THEIR YOUTUBE PAGE HERE.
Kennedy Center @ Home’s digital content
- The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., is a vibrant cultural hub that connects thousands of artists with millions of people each year — in person, online, and in their home communities. Now you can enjoy free videos of extraordinary live and on-demand performances and educational activities with Kennedy Center @ Home - new releases added daily so check back often. LEARN MORE HERE.
KUAF programming & podcasts
- KUAF National Public Radio / 91.3 is Northwest Arkansas' radio source for national public radio programming as well as local programs hosted and produced by our neighbors and friends! Tune in to such long-running programs as Ozarks at Large, Shades of Jazz, The Pickin' Post and the Generic Blues Shows and other programs like KUAF Vinyl Hour and Scratching the Surface. Check out all the local programs and podcasts on KUAF! LEARN MORE HERE.
Fayetteville Public Library online
- While our fabulous Fayetteville Public Library may currently have limited hours and services, there are lots of things available online, from their weekly virtual "Coffee & Crime" and "Book Chatter" conversations to the virtual Mountain Street Stage Summer Music Series and more! CHECK OUT THEIR CALENDAR OF EVENTS & REGISTER HERE.
No Script: The Podcast with Dr. Patricia Relph
- Walton Arts Center’s Arts Learning Specialist Dr. Patricia Relph joins podcaster (and former WAC employee) Jacob Mann Christiansen on No Script: The Podcast for an unscripted conversation about Chekov’s The Seagull. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN.
Folklores India Warli Painting workshop
- Join Folklores India on their Instagram page on Sunday, June 14 at 5pm to attend a free workshop on Warli Painting. Warli/Worli paintings were traditionally practiced by the tribe named 'Varli'. These were done on mud walls using a white paste made from rice and gum. LEARN MORE HERE.
Courses, certificates and degrees online at Coursera
- Coursera offers opportunities to build skills with courses, certificates, and degrees online from world-class universities and companies. Music lovers can explore An Introduction to Classical Music, History of Rock, Exploring Beethoven's Piano Sonatas and more. Even better - you can enroll for FREE! CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE.