Arkansas Filmmakers Showcase
curated by Fayetteville Film Fest
DATE: Saturday, Jan. 18, 8pm (moderated Q&A to follow immediately after)
LOCATION: Starr Theater at Walton Arts Center
This showcase is a mini film festival experience! Join us for the screening of six short films and learn a little about the growing local movie industry. As a specially chosen theme, these films were all either created by Arkansans or filmed here in the Natural State. It’s a great introduction to the types of movie blocks you’d experience at the Fayetteville Film Fest or other events.
Fayetteville Film Fest, now in its eleventh year, is a cultural leader in our region, bringing world class film to our state, developing meaningful relationships with filmmakers, and nurturing the art of filmmaking by uniting a community of creators and supporters.
Unos Huevos (15 minutes)
- Directed by David Cruz (Conway)
- A boy skips his trumpet recital, instead he has a day exploring the town and running into trouble.
Father (15 minutes)
- Directed by Sophie Barnes (Little Rock)
- A man under the influence experiences a series of strange encounters as he is haunted by three women of the past and present.
As Sisters As One (14 minutes)
- Directed by Whitney Butler (Calico Rock)
- Elise struggles to maintain her grip on reality as the position of President of her sorority come within her grasp.
Milk Aisle (22 minutes)
- Directed by Jordan Hunt (Siloam Springs)
- This film, set during the civil rights movement, shares the story of a young black man who is imprisoned for a crime he didn’t commit, and the letters he shared with a young woman named Ruby Sanders.
Chronic (11 minutes)
- Directed by Blake Elder (Fayetteville)
- Sparky Ledbetter is a lonely man. He’s a former cop facing his own mortality. This slice-of-life short gives us a quick peek into Sparky’s morning routine and the complicated relationships he has to juggle.
Before My Eyes (13 minutes)
- Directed by Mason Bowen (Springdale)
- A reminiscence of a faulted relationship through the eyes of a grieving woman and a regretful man.