Finalists Announced for Annual VoiceJam Competition
NORTHWEST ARKANSAS, February 3, 2020 – Finalists for the sixth annual VoiceJam A Cappella Festival produced by Walton Arts Center have been selected. These eight groups from across the country will come together on Saturday, April 4, and compete for the title of VoiceJam Champion.
- AcaBelles – Florida State University – Tallahassee, Florida
- The Beartones – Missouri State University – Springfield, Missouri
- INQUIRE – Searcy High School – Searcy, Arkansas
- License to Trill – Texas Christian University – Fort Worth, Texas
- Mind the Gap – University of Oregon – Eugene, Oregon
- One Note Stand – University of Texas at Austin – Austin, Texas
- The TEMPEtations – Arizona State University – Tempe, Arizona
- Treble on Huntington – Northeastern University – Boston, Massachusetts
A cappella fans and finalists will converge on Northwest Arkansas for a weekend of activities April 2-4 including a cappella workshops, a headliner concert and the VoiceJam Competition.
Tickets for the headliner concert by The Real Group and the VoiceJam Competition can be purchased in person, online at waltonartscenter.org/voicejam or by calling the Walton Arts Center Box Office at 479.443.5600. Ticket details and schedules for the a cappella workshops will be available soon.
Thursday-Saturday, April 2-4, 2020
VoiceJam Kickoff Concert
- Thursday, April 2, 7 pm
- A free concert with the winners of Vocal Asia and VoiceJam Varsity Singers.
Headliner Concert featuring The Real Group
- Friday, April 3 at 7:30 pm
- Tickets are $10
The Real Group is a five-member professional a cappella ensemble from Sweden who have grown to become one of the leading forces in the world of vocal music today.
From their youthful beginnings at the Academy of Music in Stockholm, where they acquired the prodigious technical expertise that has since become their trademark, to their current reign as best-selling recording artists, The Real Group has earned widespread recognition and acclaim for their combination of perfection, personal touch and a wide-ranging repertoire of jazz, pop and folk harmonies. Winners of the 2019 Contemporary A Cappella Recording Awards’ Lifetime Achievement Award, this coveted ensemble is considered to be, by all accounts, the royalty of vocal jazz.
- Saturday, April 4, 9 am-5 pm
- Registration details coming soon
- Saturday, April 4 at 7:30 pm
- Tickets are $19 to $39
Get your tickets now to witness the top vocal bands from around the country compete for the title of VoiceJam Champion. Over the past five years, the VoiceJam Competition has become one of the most-loved events on our season. Come cheer on these harmonizing, beatboxing, mind-blowing groups and cast your vote for aca-fan favorite.
To learn more about VoiceJam Festival, visit waltonartscenter.org/voicejam.