Film Selections Announced for First Arkansas Filmmakers Showcase at Walton Arts Center
NORTHWEST ARKANSAS, December 5, 2019 – Work by six filmmakers from around the state will be part of the first Arkansas Filmmakers Showcase at Walton Arts Centeron Saturday, Jan. 18, 2020 at 8 pm.
Tickets are $15 plus applicable fees and are on sale now. Purchase tickets in-person at Walton Arts Center box office, by calling 479.443.5600 or by visiting waltonartscenter.org.
This mini-film festival experience, curated by the Fayetteville Film Fest, features short films by filmmakers from Conway, Little Rock, Calico Rock, Siloam Springs, Fayetteville and Springdale that cover a variety of topics.
Unos Huevos (15:14)
- Directed by David Cruz from Conway
- A boy skips his trumpet recital, instead he has a day exploring the town and running into trouble.
- Directed by Sophie Barnes from Little Rock
- A man under the influence experiences a series of strange encounters as he is haunted by three women from the past and present.
As Sisters As One (13:46)
- Directed by Whitney Butler from Calico Rock
- Elise struggles to maintain her grip on reality as the position of president of her sorority come within her grasp.
Milk Aisle (21:47)
- Directed by Jordan Hunt from Siloam Springs
- This film, set during the civil rights movement, shares the story of a young black man who is imprisoned for a crime he didn’t commit, and the letters he shared with a young woman named Ruby Sanders.
- Directed by Blake Elder from Fayetteville
- Sparky Ledbetter is a lonely man. He’s a former cop facing his own mortality. This slice-of-life short gives us a quick peek into Sparky’s morning routine and the complicated relationships he has to juggle.
Before My Eyes (13:25)
- Directed by Mason Bowen from Springdale
- A reminiscence of a faulted relationship through the eyes of a grieving woman and a regretful man.
Now in its 11th year, Fayetteville Film Fest is a cultural leader in our region bringing world-class film to our state, developing meaningful relationships with filmmakers and nurturing the art of filmmaking by uniting a community of creators and supporters.
Visit waltonartscenter.orgfor more information about Arkansas Filmmakers Showcase.