Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet Holds Local Auditions for The Nutcracker
NORTHWEST ARKANSAS, August 20, 2018 - Walton Arts Center is hosting auditions for the children’s cast in Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet’s production of The Nutcracker from 1 to 6 pm on Sunday, Sept. 30 in Starr Theater.
Children will have the opportunity of a lifetime to perform on the Walton Arts Center stage accompanied by Canada’s finest dancers with all the beautiful scenery and costumes you’ve come to expect in this stunning presentation of Tchaikovsky’s classic ballet. Relive Clara’s Christmas fantasy with familiar, endearing scenes and a few unique twists. Watch with delight as toys come to life, the Sugar Plum Fairy spreads her magic and valiant Nutcracker helps Clara defeat the evil Mouse King. The Nutcracker is a holiday tradition for the whole family to enjoy.
Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet is casting for the roles of party girls and party boys, Mounties, mice, angels, polar bears and reindeer. To audition, children must meet the following requirements:
- Age: 7 to 15 years old (as of Nov. 23, 2018)
- Height: Dancers must be between 3’-8” and 5’-3”
Dance Attire for Audition
- Girls - Any solid color bodysuit, tights, ballet slippers, hair in neat bun, no jewelry
- Boys - White shirt/bodysuit, black shorts or tights, ballet slippers, neat hair
- Children must be present when handing in the audition registration to verify height requirements and a current photograph will be required to register for the audition. Headshots or school photos are acceptable.
Sunday, Sept. 30:
- 1 to 2:15pm: Registration for all auditioning students in Starr Theater
- 2:30 to 3:45pm: Audition class for children 7 to 8 years old
- 4 to 5:45pm: Audition class for children 9 years old and older
Performances of Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet’s The Nutcracker are Friday, Nov. 23 at 7 pm, Saturday, Nov. 24 at 2 and 7 pm and Sunday, Nov. 25 at 2 pm in Walton Arts Center’s Baum Walker Hall. Tickets range from $19 to $52 plus applicable fees and can be purchased in-person at the Walton Arts Center Box Office, by calling 479.443.5600 or by visiting waltonartscenter.org.
Detailed information about role demands, rehearsal schedulesand audition requirements for The Nutcracker can be found here.
For more information, visit waltonartscenter.org