Local Crew - Part Time
Hours - temporary part-time as needed basis.
Serve as a temporary part time as needed employee of the Production Department to provide technical and production services as needed. Stagehands may work in different venues, including traditional theatrical spaces e.g. Walton Arts Center, the AMP, other outdoor venues, concert arenas, and others. For the most part, the Local Crew’s work consists of supporting touring shows at each venue.
Generally, local stagehands "load in" a tour under the direction of the road crew and WAC’s Production Department Heads. This involves moving equipment (lighting, sound, scenic, wardrobe, musical instruments, etc) from the trucks to the appropriate positions throughout the venue. Local crews also “run” cable and operate theatrical equipment such as follow spots, as well as perform cues during the performance. Following the final performance local stagehands will take the show apart and load it back onto the trucks.
Essential Job Functions:
• Must be able bodied and well suited to a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to listen and follow directions.
• Must be willing to work unconventional hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
High School diploma or equivalent GED with working knowledge, and working experience in electrics, carpentry or wardrobe preferred. Orientation and Basic Safety Training, provided by Walton Arts Center, will be required before starting work.
• Assist with the technical aspects of events, including, but not limited to, sound, lighting, staging, wardrobe, hair/wigs, properties, and hospitality for artists as well as crew.
• Assist in maintaining safe working conditions by utilizing best practices and following all prescribe safety guidlines, Assist in technical equipment operation, maintenance and replacement.. Including preventative maintenance of technical equipment, as needed and directed by the Production Department Heads or other senior Production staff.
• Assist with orderly maintenance of stage and backstage areas.
• Act as Walton Arts Center Production Department representative as assigned.
• Any other tasks assigned by management for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform consistent with the scope of the Production Department responsibilities.
• Must adhere to all policies and procedures as referenced in the Walton Arts Center Local Crew Safety Manual & Handbook.
• The Walton Arts Center is a drug-free workplace.
As Walton Arts Center is a growing, dynamic organization, flexibility in job assignments is essential. This job description, therefore, is subject to change.