Walmart AMP 20|20 is our continued commitment to provide the best possible patron experience. Our focus is on capitalizing on those elements that make the AMP unique – bringing in big names that you would expect from a larger market with the amenities of a boutique venue.
We’ve partnered with Live Nation who will be our preferred promoter starting in the 2019 season.
This is a signal to the concert industry that Live Nation, the largest live entertainment company in the world, is vested in and fully engaged in promoting events at our venue. And this five-year partnership means that you will continue to see a wide variety of big-name acts here at the Walmart AMP.
Based on our masterplan for the development of the AMP we’ve identified opportunities for improvement, prioritized needs and we are embarking on a $13.9 million expansion plan for the Walmart AMP that focuses on our commitment to continue improving both the audience and artist experience.
Here are some of the changes that you will see in this expansion:
- A new Procter & Gamble Box Office with more service windows making it easier for patrons to purchase and pick up tickets.
- An expanded main entry plaza twice as large as the current plaza with more Tyson Concession Stands and restrooms in the area.
- A new covered plaza at the top of the lawn, which adds 15,000 square feet of flexible viewing and event space as well as private restrooms. This area can be used for private events during shows and to provide enhanced amenities for the lawn.
- Two new outdoor plazas at the top of the hill will provide two new Tyson Concession stands, 56 additional restroom stalls and flexible space for activations.
- A reconfigured Kraft Heinz Entrance on the north side of the venue will feed into the new space at the top of the hill providing additional gates to get patrons in and out of the venue.
- New tiered seating at the front of the General Mills Lawn will provide a flexible space for portable seating that can accommodate 1,200 patrons in a reserved, premium lawn section.
Overall our seating capacity will increase by 1,000 – bringing our total capacity to 11,000 – which will help us be able to secure some of the larger shows on tour.
Construction for this expansion starts in November 2019 and will be complete in time for the 2020 concert season.