Hulu to air Freestyle Love Supreme documentary on June 5
- On Friday June 5, Hulu will premiere the We Are Freestyle Love Supreme documentary. The documentary feature, which is directed by Andrew Fried and premiered at this year’s Sundance Film Festival, chronicles the fifteen-year journey of the hip-hop improv troupe founded by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Thomas Kail and Anthony Veneziale. Freestyle Love Supreme is scheduled to appear on Walton Arts Center's stage in June, 2021!
WICKED says thank you to people on the front lines
- In honor of every person on the front lines, the community of WICKED the musical came together in song and in thanks. We share this tribute for all the people working on the front lines in Northwest Arkansas and across the country. Thank you all!! WATCH WICKED'S THANK YOU HERE.
Streaming audio from L.A. Theatre Works
- L.A. Theatre Works' mission is to record and preserve great performances of important stage plays, using new technology to make world-class theatre accessible to the widest possible audience, and to expand the use of theatre as a teaching tool. Two audio plays have been made available to stream for free. Each link will take you to streaming audio to play on your phone or desktop. Just click the link, hit play and enjoy. No password required. LISTEN TO THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES HERE and LISTEN TO LOST IN YONKERS HERE. For more information and content from L.A. Theatre Works, CLICK HERE.
FREE plays from National Theatre of Great Britain
- The National Theatre of Great Britain is offering a free play every Thursday night via their YouTube Channel. You saw The National Theatre’s work here with The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime and War Horse.
Walton Arts Center Blog's favorite shows
- We have compiled a list of our favorite shows that have come (or will come) to Walton Arts Center that are available to stream online in the form of live recordings, musical movies and animated films. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LIST.
The Shows Must Go On presents Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Experience a new Andrew Lloyd Webber musical every Friday for free on The Shows Must Go On YouTube channel. Each musical will be available weekly 1 p.m. CT for a 48-hour period online. WAC presented Webber’s School of Rock last season.
Broadway.com's Stephen Sondheim birthday concert
- Legendary Broadway composer Stephen Sondheim was toasted with an all-star birthday concert, streaming live on Sunday, April 26. Hosted by Raúl Esparza, with musical direction by Mary-Mitchell Campbell, and coinciding with the 50th Broadway anniversary of Sondheim’s Company, Take Me to the World: A Sondheim 90th Birthday Celebration can be seen for free on Broadway.com and the Broadway.com YouTube channel. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.
Teacher appreciation from #imomsohard
- Kristin and Jen know firsthand that parenting is a hard job and they invite you to join them in taking it all a little less seriously (even if for a few short minutes a day). They try, they fail, they support each other, and they mom as hard as they can. Now, with a new understanding of the job, #imomsohard created THIS IN APPRECIATION OF TEACHERS! Many of the team at Walton Arts Center can relate to these hilarious moms - keep up with their live videos (or binge-watch them if you need to laugh for a while!) RIGHT HERE!
Playbill's Mother's Day List
- In honor of Mother's Day (2015), Playbill found ten famous - or infamous - mothers from Broadway Musicals. CHECK OUT PLAYBILL'S LIST HERE.