On Your Feet!
The Emilio & Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical
DATE: Dec. 4-9, 2018
LOCATION: Baum Walker Hall at Walton Arts Center
TICKETS: Starting at $38
PRE-PAID PARKING: remember to purchase pre-paid parking along with your tickets for a guaranteed space in the nearby parking deck!
- Walton Arts Center and KNWA are partnering this holiday season to help women in NWA get “on their feet,” and you can help. Patrons are encouraged to bring new or gently used women’s winter coats, purses and women’s professional shoes during this eight-show run of On Your Feet! The Story of Emilio and Gloria Estefan on Dec. 4-9.
- The donations will go directly to the Northwest Arkansas Chapter of Dress for Success. This international nonprofit helps women break the cycle of poverty by providing programs and professional attire so that they can secure employment as well as a network of support and training to succeed in the workplace.
- Donations can also be dropped off during the day at Walton Arts Center. Lobby hours are Monday through Friday 10am until 2pm and noon until 4pm on Saturday.
ABOUT THE SHOW:
From their humble beginnings in Cuba, Emilio and Gloria Estefan came to America and broke through all barriers to become a crossover sensation at the very top of the pop music world. But just when they thought they had it all, they almost lost everything.
On Your Feet! takes you behind the music and inside the real story of this record-making and groundbreaking couple who, in the face of adversity, found a way to end up on their feet.
Directed by two-time Tony Award® winner Jerry Mitchell (Kinky Boots), with choreography by Olivier Award winner Sergio Trujillo (Jersey Boys) and an original book by Academy Award® winner Alexander Dinelaris (Birdman), On Your Feet! features some of the most iconic songs of the past quarter-century — and one of the most inspiring stories in music history.
Read more about this performance on the WAC Blog:
- This Musical Will Have You ON YOUR FEET!
- This Rhythm Is Gonna Get You On Your Feet!
- Helping NWA Women Get On Their Feet
- Get on your feet and dance the night away during the Post-Show Dance Party after the Friday evening performance! Click here to learn more.
- This show is part of the Broadway Book Club.
- Join us for Arts & Appetizers!
- Thursday matinee patrons - Learn about our Broadway Café
Ferociously fun, feel-good musical!Entertainment Weekly
Infectiously fun with a genuine heart! If you aren't humming a Gloria Estefan hit when you leave the theater, it might be time to check your pulse.Associated Press