Indie Films Artosphere
Curated by Fayetteville Film Fest
DATE: Friday, May 12, 8pm
LOCATION: Walton Arts Center
Indie Films Artosphere (Arts & Nature Film) Summaries
Pili Ka Mo'o (13:58)
- Director: Justyn Ah Chong
- While much of O’ahu has become urbanized, Hakipu’u remains a kīpuka (oasis) of traditional knowledge where great chiefs once resided and their bones still remain.
To the Bone (5:36)
- Director: Andy Sarjahani
- An Ozarks naturalists and bowhunter reflects on a recent animal harvest as he ponders the cycle of life.
- Director: Princess Daazhraii Johnson
- A grandfather teaches his granddaughter, a young Gwich’in mother named Alisha, how reciprocity is embedded in all aspects of life. The norther lights warm the caribou; the caribou helps feed and sustain the community; the community honors the connections.
The Sprayer (8:45)
- Director: Farnoosh Abedi
- In the land occupied with the sprayers army, no one has the right to grown any kind of plants either in private or public.
The Misanthrope (14:45)
- Director: Andy Kastelic
- After a deadly sickness descends, a heartbroken gravedigger imposes a grievous new law.
- Director: Mahdi Barqzadegan
- Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
Heal the RIver (21:31)
- Director: Paulina Sobczak
- Hydropower dams, built decades ago, have dramatically altered river systems across Alabama. Downstream of the Harris Dam on the Tallapossa River, families and landowners who have lost property and use of the river have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to ask for changes to the operation of the dam through the relicensing process. Their hope is that changes can improve downstream conditions and begin to heal the river.
Psychogeography of Mourning (8:30)
- Director: Shayna Connelly
- Psychogeography of Mourning uses static imagery and unpredictable sound to reconcile the contradictory interior and exterior experiences grief elicits.
- Director: Brian White
- A day in the life of a modern Midwestern community as a farmhand hunts for the cow he scared away.
- Director: Mykhailo Bogdanov
- A thought-provoking exploration of natural silence and human existence within it.
Total = 103.19 minutes = 1hr 43m