Help Light the Way
Help us light the way back to the stage by supporting the Ghost Light Recovery Fund.
Walton Arts Center was founded in 1992 with a mission of bringing great performing artists and entertainers from around the world to Northwest Arkansas, connecting people through inspiring arts experiences.
With suspended performances and mandatory closures, the COVID-19 pandemic has brought our mission and our largest source of revenue—ticket sales—to an unanticipated halt. The financial ramifications are devastating.
In response we have launched the Ghost Light Recovery Fund, an emergency relief initiative to help us weather this crisis.
Donations to the Ghost Light Recovery Fund help Walton Arts Center:
- Maintain our facilities at Walton Arts Center, Nadine Baum Studios and the Walmart AMP
- Provide enriching “intermission programming” including virtual performances and educational programs for all ages
- Retain staff to prepare for the time when it is safe to reopen our doors
- Offset lost revenue from canceled performances
What does the name mean? A ghost light is part of a long-held theatrical tradition of leaving a single light burning whenever a theater is unoccupied—lighting the way for a safe return to the stage. We have a physical ghost light on our stage that has been lit since March 16.
By supporting this campaign, you become a figurative ghost light for this nonprofit organization and the passionate staff and artists who work here. Every donation is meaningful and significant. Thank you for adding your light!
You can also donate to the Ghost Light Recovery Fund by:
- Calling 479.571.2796
- Mailing your donation to Walton Arts Center, Attn: Development, P.O. Box 924 , Fayetteville, AR 72702
- Requesting funds to be transferred via Stock Transfer, IRA Distribution or Donor Advised Fund USING THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Ghost Light Recovery Fund Supporters
Walton Arts Center would like to extend our sincerest thanks to the companies, community members and staff below for their contributions to the Ghost Light Recovery Fund. We would also like to acknowledge the many contributors who have chosen to remain anonymous, as well as patrons of Happy Hours at the Walmart AMP and Holidaze at Walton Arts Center, as proceeds from these programs are directed to Ghost Light.
Add your name to this list by making a gift today!
Support for Walton Arts Center is provided, in part, by the Arkansas Arts Council, an agency of the Arkansas Department of Parks, Heritage, and Tourism, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
Please note: the Ghost Light Recovery Fund Supporters list will be updated weekly.