Did you know?
Walton Arts Center Learning programs:
Served more than 50,000 people in 2015 - including more than 40,000 school children
Received the Arkansas Governor’s Arts Award for Excellence in Arts Education (2007)
Were recognized by the Dana Foundation in Acts of Achievement: The Role of Performing Arts Centers in Education (2003)
Provide classroom teachers and teaching artists exemplary professional development in arts integration in partnership with the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Washington DC, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art and the Center for Children and Youth at University of Arkansas.
Please support our learning and engagement programs by making a tax deductible donation TODAY.
Northwest Arkansas Jazz All-Stars
A Youth Ensemble
NWA Jazz All Stars Admission and Audition Requirements
- Each student will be asked to improvise over a 12 bar blues progression in the key of Bb (concert), sight read a bebop melody, and demonstrate major and minor scales in the following keys: C, D, Eb, F, G, A, Bb.
- Instrumentalists will be asked to play a passage from Rhythm Changes using the following prepared music (please print the PDF for your instrument below).
*Additionally, drummers will be asked to demonstrate the following styles: jazz (swing,) Latin (bossa nova) and funk.
To help with you practice for auditions here are some performance videos:
Video of Rhythm Changes performed by the Fayetteville Jazz Collective
Audio version of Rhythm Changes at a slower tempo
NWA Jazz All Stars Tuition
- $120.00 (financial assistance available)
NWA Jazz All Stars Schedule Commitment
- Auditions: Sunday, Jan. 22, 2017 from 2:00pm-4:00pm & Monday, Jan. 23, 2017 from 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Rehearsal Sundays, 2:00pm-4:30pm at WAC from February – May 2017
- Public Performance at WAC in May 2017 (date TBD)
- Professional recording session in May 2017 (date TBD)