- At Walton Arts Center
495 W. Dickson St.
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Monday - Friday / 10am to 6pm
Saturday 12pm to 4pm
- One hour prior to showtime
- Phone: (479) 443.5600
- Fax: (479) 443.9024
Select performances in our season have been adapted to incorporate special modifications to serve adults and children with sensory-input disorders, autism or other developmental or cognitive disability, as well as anyone who might feel uncomfortable attending a typical live theater performance. All patrons are welcome at these special performances, however in order to make the shows more accessible to all individuals and their families, we will make adjustments to these productions in some or all of the following ways:
- Sound in the production will be lowered, particularly for loud or startling sounds.
- Lights in the seating area will be dimmed rather than fully dark during the performance.
- Patrons are allowed to speak and vocalize as they wish, as well as leave and re-enter the seating area as needed.
- The use of mobile electronic devices are also allowed during the performance if they are being used as a communication device. (No photography or recording will be permitted during the performance.)
- Outside the theater, an activity area will be available with a live video feed of the show for patrons who may need a break. A calming corner with fidget toys and bean-bag chairs will also be available for those who need a quiet place to relax.
- Audience members are welcome to bring any necessary food, drinks or hand fidgets into the theater.
- A family restroom (gender-neutral) will be available for use.
Relaxed Performances Available This Season
- The Way Back Home - Sunday, May 14 at 4pm - Get tickets!
- The Man Who Planted Trees - Saturday, May 20 at 2pm - Get tickets!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I prepare for the show?
Watch the video trailers online for an introduction to each production, and explore each show's pre-show resources. You may also download our "Visiting the Walton Arts Center" Social Story [coming soon!], which will give you a walk-thru of the venue and prepare you for the day of show.
How long are Relaxed shows?
Relaxed shows typically last around an hour with no intermission.
What is the seating area like?
Starr Theater is a small, intimate theater. You can see the stage clearly from any seat location. The seats will be situated in a riser format and will feature 2 aisles to allow patrons to easily enter/exit the theater. There will be low ambient lighting throughout the performance so patrons are able to see should they need to move around or exit the theater.
Will there be wheelchair seating?
We have plenty of wheelchair/accessibility seating available. Please let us know if anyone in your party is using a wheelchair or mobility device so we can make arrangements. Below is a seating chart of Starr Theater.