Volunteer (part time)
Job Summary: To provide support to staff and patrons by executing Walton Arts Center’s customer service mission during all events and activities.
Volunteers are a vital part of the experience that patrons have when they first enter the Walton Arts Center. The service element that they offer to event attendees ensures a favorable impression and guarantees their comfort and safety.
Volunteers are required to maintain 30 hours during a season (July 1 – June 30) in order to be considered an active volunteer.
Qualifications: At least 16 years of age, ability to perform jobs assigned, effective verbal and communication skills in English & complete the application and interview process. Must possess physical and cognitive capabilities of performing duties independently. Must consent to and be able to pass a background check.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Knowledge of activity/job assigned & expectations
- Strong people skills and ability to remain calm in tense situations. Must be able to maintain a cheerful, outgoing and helpful attitude
- Present a clean, neat appearance abiding by hygiene and uniform policies.
- Ability to be flexible in an ever changing environment
- Must be able bodied: climb stairs, sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to understand and use WAC volunteer online software.
- Must be able to move quickly and calmly in an emergency
- Must be comfortable working around large groups of people
- Must be able to work in large crowds with moderate to high noise levels both inside theatres as well as in the lobbies
- Must adhere to all policies and procedures as referenced in the Walton Arts Center Volunteer Manual.
- Must be able to listen and follow directions
- The Walton Arts Center is a drug-free workplace.
- Theater Ambassador
- Gallery Attendant
- Coat Check
- Ticket Taker
- Door Monitor/ Usher (with additional training)
- Donor Lounge (with special, additional training)
- Concessions/Merchandise (with special, additional training)
- Assist with Special Events and Off-site Activities
- Administrative Help
HOW to proceed:
Fill out the application (click here) and submit to the Manager of Volunteer Programs and attend Orientation Training (in person or online). To learn more about Walton Arts Center Volunteer Program (click here).