Volunteer (Part Time)
Job Summary: To provide support to staff and patrons by executing Walton Arts Center’s customer service mission during all events and activities.
Volunteers are a vital part of the experience that patrons have when they first enter the Walton Arts Center. The service element that they offer to event attendees ensures a favorable impression and guarantees their comfort and safety.
Qualifications: At least 18 years of age, ability to perform jobs assigned, effective verbal and communication skills in English & complete the application and interview process. Must possess physical and cognitive capabilities of performing duties independently. Must consent to and be able to pass a background check.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Knowledge of activity/job assigned & expectations
- Strong people skills and ability to remain calm in tense situations. Must be able to maintain a cheerful, outgoing and helpful attitude
- Present a clean, neat appearance abiding by hygiene and uniform policies.
- Ability to be flexible in an ever changing environment
- Must be able bodied: climb stairs, sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to understand and use WAC volunteer online software.
- Must be able to move quickly and calmly in an emergency
- Must be comfortable working around large groups of people
- Must be able to work in large crowds with moderate to high noise levels both inside theatres as well as in the lobbies
- Must adhere to all policies and procedures as referenced in the Walton Arts Center Volunteer Manual & Handbook.
- Must be able to listen and follow directions
- The Walton Arts Center is a drug-free workplace.
- Gallery Attendant
- Coat Check
- Ticket Taker
- Door Monitor
- Donor Lounge (with special, additional training)
- Concessions/Merchandise (with special, additional training)
- Assist with Special Events and Off-site Activities
- Administrative Help
HOW to proceed:
- Click here to fill out the application, submit to the Manager of Volunteer Programs and attend Orientation Training.
- Click here to learn more about Walton Arts Center Volunteer Program.