Human Resource Manager
The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for various HR functions. In preparation and during the AMP season, the Human Resource Manager will be responsible for human resource activities including new hire paperwork and orientation. The HR Manager will serve as a back-up to the HR Manager for payroll support which are essential to paycheck processing and complying with federal, state and local wage and hour standards; for inputting new hires, terminations, pay adjustments in the system and processing the biweekly payroll. The HR Manager will be responsible for gathering and auditing timekeeping data and ensuring the cost coding is correct at the AMP. The HR Manager assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the AMP human resources functions and duties. The HR Manager will be responsible for the seasonal hiring of staff for the Walmart AMP each year. The HR Manager will float between the Walton Arts Center administration office and the Walmart AMP being present at the AMP during shows and other critical periods such as preseason and season wrap-up.
Director of Human Resources
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to administer multiple tasks and creatively solve challenges
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must be available to work nights and weekends as needed to meet the needs of the show schedule
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
- Must process a high level of computer proficiency
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Publisher
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate initiative as a self-starter with the ability to anticipate needs and independently take appropriate action.
- Ability to work nights and weekends during the AMP season.
Requires 3 to 5 years of HR/payroll experience and an associate's degree or equivalent training and education beyond high school. Bachelor degree in business preferred. Having a passion for the arts is a definite plus. Experience with non-profit organizations would be helpful.
- Assist with processing the AMP bi-weekly payroll
- Review timesheets
- Create reports with Paycom as needed
New Employee Processing
- Process all applications for the AMP
- Process all new hire paperwork for new employees
- Complete employer verification and maintain I-9 forms
- Coordinate and schedule New Employee Orientations
- Complete safety training for new employees including crowd management and “see something, say something”
Annual Performance Reviews
- Assist with the annual performance review process
- Assist with inputting all performance review increases annually
- Assist Director Human Resources with worker’s compensation claims
- Assist AMP Managers with completing necessary paperwork for all injuries
- Responsible for AMP OSHA log
- Responsible for BLS reports for AMP
- Ensure AMP staff are adequately trained on scheduling software’s used by the organization.
On-going HR Tasks
- Maintain updated employee information (terminations, job titles, address changes, payroll changes, HR forms, etc.)
- Assist with annual benefit enrollment
- Assist with updating Employee Handbook
- Responsible in the off season for job descriptions rewrites, open enrollment administration and preparation for budgeting.
- Assist HR Team with All-Staff Meetings (quarterly)
- Assist with staff functions (cook-offs, Holiday parties, contests)
- Attend various staff committee meetings as HR representative
- Address daily questions and requests from staff
- Plan and arrange for going-away gifts and recognition awards for staff
Any and all other tasks assigned by management for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the name of the position you are applying in the subject line of the email.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Emails received without the name of the position for which you are applying will not be considered. If you would like to complete a paper application instead, please come by Walton Arts Center Administrative Offices located at 255 N. School Avenue in Fayetteville to complete the application. Please, no phone calls.