Climate crisis discussions from TED
- Countdown is a global initiative to champion and accelerate solutions to the climate crisis, turning ideas into action. More than 50 speakers in five curated sessions that combine TED's signature blend of actionable and research-backed ideas, cutting-edge science, and moments of wonder and inspiration. VIEW THE SERIES HERE.
Performances from poet Dahlak
- Dahlak maximizes his abilities as musician, actor, poet, and educator within the transformational space of the theatre. Since launching into the national spoken word scene by winning the Brave New Voices international poetry slam (as now seen on HBO), Dahlak has been featured on media outlets such as Upworthy, 2DopeBoyz and Pitchfork. He has appeared on the Tavis Smiley Radio show, various NPR member stations, and the last two seasons of HBO’s Russell Simmons’ presents Def Poetry Jam. VIEW DAHLAK’S PERFORMANCES HERE.
Pryor Center’s collection of Arkansas history
- The David and Barbara Pryor Center for Arkansas Oral and Visual History is an oral history program with the mission to document the history of Arkansas through the collection of spoken memories and visual records, preserve the collection in perpetuity, and connect Arkansans and the world to the collection through the Internet, TV broadcasts, educational programs and other means. BROWSE THEIR EXTENSIVE COLLECTION HERE.
Speaker Series from the Clinton School of Public Service
- The Clinton School Speaker Series brings subject matter experts from around the world to Little Rock. Designed to create community-wide conversation for a diverse range of important and rapidly developing topics, the series gives experts a forum for sharing the most current information about their areas of expertise and allows the public to interact with leading members of the local, national, and international community. With subjects and topics including health, agriculture, business, history, and education, the series is an excellent free resource for students and professionals seeking research material on a wide range of topics. You can watch these programs and more through the Clinton School Speaker Series YouTube Channel.
Interviews with journalists, scientists and thought leaders on Paramount Conversations
- The premiere episode of Paramount Conversations—a new programming series that brings compelling interviews with noted journalists, scientists and various thought leaders—features Evan Smith, CEO of The Texas Tribune, and Pulitzer Prize-winning author Lawrence Wright (The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11, Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief). They discuss Wright’s riveting, prophetic novel, The End of October, a medical thriller just released April 28 and available now at BookPeople. The premise? A devastating global pandemic that brings the world to its knees - VIEW THE EPISODE HERE and CLICK HERE to find out more about the Paramount & Stateside Theatres in Austin.
Interview with Dr. Temple Grandin on Paramount Conversations
- Paramount Conversations, a new programming series from the Paramount & Stateside Theatres in Austin has just released a new conversation! Dr. Temple Grandin, Professor of Animal Science at Colorado State University, has valuable advice for all who are navigating these difficult times stuck at home. She offers special insight to help children on the autism spectrum live as comfortably and productively as possible in the COVID-19 era. Duncan Strauss, host of the Talking Animals radio show and podcast, leads the discussion. VIEW THE EPISODE HERE and LEARN ABOUT THE PARAMOUNT & STATESIDE THEATRES IN AUSTIN HERE.