VoiceJam's YouTube Playlist
- Walton Arts Center created VoiceJam to bring people together from all around the world over their love of a cappella music. While we can't gather physically, we can still gather virtually and enjoy some performances from competitors from the past several years. Check out our VoiceJam YouTube Playlist here!
Broadway Direct playlist on Spotify
- Spotify user and Broadway lover? broadwaydirect channel on Spotify has many different playlists, ranging from Broadway Songs for Girl Power to #TGIF Tunes to Broadway Songs to blast during your workout, to belt out in the shower or to help you relax. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN.
Folk music from Folk Alliance International
- Folk Alliance International (FAI) has created a database to list the folk community’s upcoming live-stream concerts in lieu of in-person shows. FAI's mission is to serve, strengthen, and engage the global folk music community through preservation, presentation and promotion. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE CURRENT LIST OF SHOWS.
Tiny Desk Concerts from NPR
- NPR's Tiny Desk Concerts are intimate video performances recorded live at the desk of "All Songs Considered" host, Bob Boilen (or sometimes, at other desks!). These concerts are sometimes the inspiration behind our concerts at Walton Arts Center! WATCH HERE.
Aida Cuevas's YouTube Channel
- Dubbed "The Queen of Mariachi", Aida Cuevas is one of the most important performers in traditional Mexican music and, in 2018, she became the first female singer in the mariachi genre to win a Grammy Award. VISIT HER YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE to browse her collection of music.
Mariachi Herencia De Mexico's YouTube Channel
- This dynamic, Latin Grammy nominated ensemble of young Mexican American musicians from the barrios of Chicago has released three highly acclaimed studio albums so far. They’ve toured throughout the U.S., Mexico, and Canada, and have performed alongside major artists like Lila Downs and Aida Cuevas. CHECK OUT THEIR YOUTUBE CHANNEL or, for just a taste, one of our favorites: Herencia De La Tierra Mía.
Kandace Springs performs at The Kate on PBS
- Live music lovers, check out The Kate, streaming on PBS.org. It's a series featuring bold performers with something to say. Selected under a hypothetical litmus test that asks “would Katharine Hepburn have found them audacious enough to invite them for a cocktail?”, The Kate presents artists with true cred who take to the stage with personal stories, hilarious moments, honest and creative expressions of art, and of course, impossibly good music. A recent episode features Kandace Springs who, with her all-female band, performs songs from her 2020 album "The Women Who Raised Me." WATCH KANDACE HERE!
Rosanne Cash on The Kate
Rosanne Cash has moved through phases in her life — daughter of country music royalty; young poet; Grammy-winning country star — to her current position as one of the country’s preeminent singer-songwriters. On The Kate, a national public television performance series produced by Connecticut Public Television, Cash is accompanied by her producer/partner/husband, the much-respected guitar player John Leventhal. With words as her paints and her voice as the brush, Cash delivers a sonic portrait of the American South and “characters” from the Cash family as she performs songs from her and John’s album, The River and the Thread. WATCH ROSANNE HERE.