- At Walton Arts Center
495 W. Dickson St.
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Monday - Friday / 10am to 6pm
Saturday 12pm to 4pm
- One hour prior to showtime
- At Walmart AMP
5079 West Northgate Rd.
Rogers, AR 72758
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON!
- Phone: (479) 443.5600
- Fax: (479) 443.9024
Manager of Volunteer Programs
The Manager of Volunteer Programs will oversee the recruitment, training and retention of a large pool of community volunteers with a focus on fulfilling the customer service mission of the organization. As the head administrator of the volunteer program, it is essential the Manager possess exceptional communication skills, verbal and written, and the ability to efficiently and effectively maintain a program that provides accountable, knowledgeable, trained volunteers to the organization. Simultaneously the Manager, along with the rest of the Patron Services team, must create an appreciative and enjoyable experience for those who generously offer their time in service to Walton Arts Center. Manager will act as the voice of the volunteers, representing their best interests in organizational decision-making.
ESSENTIAL QUALITIES OF DESIRED APPLICANT
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal, written, and active listening skills are all critical)
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer service driven and positive attitude
- Comfortable with public speaking and giving presentations
- Strong teacher/mentor skill set
- Self-motivated; plans work without detailed instruction, makes constructive suggestions, undertakes additional responsibilities
- Proactive; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, weighs alternatives against objectives and arrives at reasonable decisions
- Ability to understand the broad goals of the organization
- Embraces and appreciates a diverse workforce; can work with and actively recruit all ages, races, genders, orientations, etc.
- Calm under pressure, adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions; flexible
- Knowledge of performing arts and special event needs
- Comfortable working with databases and software
- Required Computer Competencies: Windows fundamentals, Microsoft Office Suite fundamentals, Microsoft Outlook or similar email fundamentals.
- Familiarity with the following helpful, but not required: Eventbooking.com, Social Tables, Tessitura, Better Impact Volunteer Management Software.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. with some regularity
- Comfortable working a flexible schedule that is dependent on scheduled events, regularly works 45-50 hours/week
- Must maintain a current Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle for business travel (mileage reimbursed)
- Trained or trainable in CPR/AED/First Aid and Crowd Management.
- REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Human Resources, Social Work, Non-Profit Management or a related field. Equivalent professional experience of 3 years or more will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Previous experience both in supervising volunteers and directing a volunteer program.
- Previous experience in a non-profit/arts organization preferred.
- Certified Volunteer Manager or equal training preferred, but not required.
- Research and contact potential sources of volunteers (retirement communities, University clubs, civic organizations, other non-profit volunteer associations, etc.)
- Give presentations throughout community about WAC volunteer opportunities
- Interview potential volunteers, disseminate info regarding expectations
- Oversee advertising of volunteer program through Communications department
- Encourage word of mouth advertising with existing volunteers and staff.
- Lead team in design and development of training programs and info sessions for volunteers throughout the year including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Safety & Security
- Customer Service/Incident Management
- Ticketing Policy & Procedure
- Donor Lounge
- Wayfinding/Tour Guide Training
- Art Gallery/ Docent Training
- Company HR Policies (Accident reports, Sexual harassment, Discrimination, etc.)
- Seasonal Previews of upcoming programs/events
- Maintain active training for seasoned volunteers to ensure their knowledge and practice is always current
- Oversee editing and production of volunteer manual/policy documentation and dissemination
- Identify and train Volunteer Captains whose primary job is to be the onsite contact for volunteers during event shifts and oversee their job performance
- Provide regular communication with volunteers keeping them apprised of happenings in the organization, making volunteers feel included. (newsletter, Facebook group, etc.)
- Oversee volunteer appreciation marketing efforts in programs, print, social media, etc.
- Plan, lead and implement volunteer social activities and appreciation events throughout the year.
- Regularly evaluate volunteer perks for their desirability and effectiveness in helping keep volunteers interested, happy and engaged. Adjust as needed.
- Regularly solicit feedback on the program from existing volunteers through survey or other such means that allow for trackable data.
- Oversee/participate in scheduling of volunteer assignments with focus on providing opportunity for cross-training as warranted/desired by volunteer
- Evaluate policies and procedures for volunteers; make suggestions to team and develop best practices moving forward
- Maintain or oversee maintenance of records on every volunteer (hours worked, start and end dates, trained skills, dates of training, perks earned, etc.)
- Maintain budget for volunteer program including advertising and promotion, equipment/uniform maintenance, appreciation events, recruitment needs, etc.
- Oversee and communicate with other departments regularly with regard to the tools volunteers must use to do their jobs (functionality of ticket scanners, current stock of programs, any program inserts required to be stuffed for upcoming shows, etc.)
- Schedule and lead regular Volunteer Captains meetings
- Participate in active discussion and problem solving as a member of the Events & Patron Services team
- Supervise Administrative Assistant for Volunteer Programs (Part-time), assign work, approve time cards and provide regular feedback on job performance in addition to formal annual evaluations
- Research industry trends and apply pertinent findings to current work
- Any and all other tasks assigned by management for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations
Interested candidates may contact Karen Percival, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email your cover letter and resume using the subject line “Manager of Volunteer Programs”.
Walton Arts Center is a presenting facility located in the heart of Northwest Arkansas with venues that include a 1201-seat auditorium with proscenium stage, a 200-seat variable stage black box theater, a 7000-seat outdoor amphitheater featuring popular contemporary concert artists and a 200-seat multi-purpose space.