A Year with Frog and Toad Introduces Young Audiences to Theater
NORTHWEST ARKANSAS, January 8, 2020 – Trike Theatre returns to Walton Arts Center with eight performances of the Arnold Lobel classic, A Year with Frog and Toad, Jan. 25 to Feb. 8.
Tickets are $14 plus applicable fees and can be purchased in-person at the Walton Arts Center Box Office, by calling 479.443.5600 or by visiting waltonartscenter.org.
Whether they are planting gardens, swimming, raking leaves, going sledding or learning life lessons along the way, these two best friends are happy the whole year round. Based on the Tony®-nominated best musical – the groundbreaking production that brought children’s theater to Broadway – A Year with Frog and Toad is filled with original hummable tunes and a story line that teaches children the value of friendship.
The endearing tale about two friends is brought to life by a predominately local cast and creative team. Six of the seven actors and nine of the creative team members are from Northwest Arkansas.
- Toad: Bryce Kemph – Fayetteville
- Frog: Antonio Romero – El Paso, Texas
- Bird, Turtle, Squirrel, Mother Frog, Mole: Elizabeth (Betsy) Jilka – Springdale
- Bird, Mouse, Squirrel, Mole, Father Frog: Kylie Groom and Bernice Hembree – Fayetteville
- Bird, Snail, Lizard, Young Frog, Mole: Mollie Armour – Rogers
- Pianist: Matt Nelson – Bentonville
- Director: Kassie Misiewicz – Bentonville
- Stage Manager: Celeste Richard – Chicago
- Choreographer: Jaddy Ciucci – Rogers
- Set Designer: Kimberly Powers – Fayetteville
- Costume Designer: Samanthe Burrow – Fayetteville
- Props Master: Amber Brown - Bentonville
- ATD Master Electrician and Lighting Designer: Laura Happel – Bentonville
- ATD Master Carpenter: Brandtly Wheeler – Bentonville
- Head of Production: Shannon Miller – Bentonville
- Musical Director: Bernice Hembree – Fayetteville
- Saturday, Jan. 25 at 2 and 4 pm
- Saturday, Feb. 1 at 10 am, 2 and 4 pm
- Saturday, Feb. 8 at 10 am, 2 and 4 pm
Best for ages 4+