Production Staffing Assistant
Under the direction of the Production Administrator (PA), the Production Staffing Assistant (PSA) supports the Production Department by managing the work schedules of local stage crew: maintaining their time & attendance records, and assisting in their supervision in regard to safety, policy compliance, and attendance. As an employee of the Production Department, the PSA is responsible for maintaining operational details in the departmental calendar, disseminating necessary information interdepartmentally, and additional administrative duties as directed by the Director of Production, Technical Director, or PA.
Essential Job Functions
- Under the direction of the PA and/or technical department heads, schedule work calls with qualified local stage crew by communicating work schedules, maintaining call sheets, tracking time and attendance through daily review of the payroll system.
- Assist PA in the development of local stage crew by maintaining accurate records on training, service milestones and benefit eligibility.
- Maintain and update operational details in the Production Technical Calendar daily; adding new information by cross-referencing with event management software, ticketing software, resident company’s schedules and other available sources of information.
- Maintain and make timely updates of the Event Notes in the EventBooking Software.
- Must be available for local crew work calls related to daily operations, as well as load-ins and load-outs of large touring shows to execute crew check-in and hospitality at the Walton Arts Center, Walmart AMP and other venues as necessary.
- Assist with new hire processing, orientation and safety training of local stage crew.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of local crew training materials (handbooks, quizzes & PowerPoint presentations), special events and activities.
- General production duties including, but not limited to inventory and replenish office supplies, handle and distribute production paperwork, maintaining list for cpr and first aid training and consumable personal protective equipment for the department monthly.
- Assist the PA, Artist Services Coordinator and Facilities department to ensure backstage spaces such as dressing rooms, catering kitchen and green room are properly clean and well maintained.
- Act as an ambassador of the Walton Arts Center when interacting with artists, clients, guests and colleagues.
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Production, Technical Director or PA which include but exclusive of: special projects and research, stage management, assisting with artist hospitality, ground transportation and working at additional venues.
Bachelor or Associates degree preferred or at least two years’ experience in the area(s) of theatre, theatre safety, construction safety, scheduling and personnel management. Local Stage Crew experience with the Walton Arts Center or a comparable venue is preferred.
In addition, the following are required:
- Excellent customer service skillset.
- Flexibility with hours including early mornings, nights and some weekends. Occasional overtime will be required.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office Suite with an emphasis in Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint and must have the ability to learn new programs quickly. Experience with Shiftboard, PayCom and EventBooking highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; social media and mass communication experience a plus.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to learn about all factors of production in order to make good decisions in a fast-paced environment with multiple factors simultaneously in play.
- Must be innovative in order to assist in the creation and implementation of an efficient and accurate scheduling protocol which tracks the schedules of 100+ temporary employees, working multiple sub-departments of stage production with varying levels of skill.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and endure standing or walking for extended periods of time, due to safety requirements of the work environment.
Interested candidates may contact Karen Percival, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com. Please email your cover letter and resume using the subject line “Production Staffing Assistant”.