GROUP SALES COORDINATOR
This position will specialize in developing all of Walton Arts Center's group sales initiatives. This employee will handle ticketing and invoicing of all group ticket purchases and will act as the primary contact for both incoming and outgoing contact with a variety of groups. This employee will work closely with the Ticketing Services Director and the Marketing Director to improve the organization’s services for groups, and to reach out to new groups who can benefit from Walton Arts Center’s programming.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone or in person to provide excellent patron services
- Ability to work under pressure and handle conflict
- Ability to operate windows based systems (Tessitura)
- Ability to use standard Microsoft Office Tools
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to plan ahead
- Positive, engaged and enthusiastic
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Ability to navigate and extrapolate necessary information from show contracts.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or General Education Degree with at least 3 years experience in the arts and/or customer service.
- Sell, process, and print event and class tickets, both during regular box office business hours and during events.
- Maintain the highest levels of accuracy with regard to all ticket-related and financial transactions.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons
- Work to communicate organizational mission and reinforce the organization’s brand
- Act as an information resource for patrons with regards to WaltonArtsCenter and Client programming as well as community-wide information whenever possible.
- Communicate Box Office and organizational policies to patrons.
- RepresentWaltonArtsCenter at various business fairs, community events, etc. as requested.
- Process, distribute and track all group sales by working with the Box Office, Marketing Director and Ticketing Services Director.
- Provide concierge service to groups, and act as primary contact for incoming and outgoing contact with groups.
- Work with Marketing Director and Ticketing Services Director to determine special group pricing.
- Develop new group sales prospects through direct outreach to local and regional businesses or other non-profit organizations.
- Work with Marketing to develop new materials to promote group sales.
- Research tourism trends and group sales industry standards.
- Prepare and maintain Group Commissions reports.
- Continued professional development in Tessitura, Event Booking, Microsoft Office tools, and Social Networking tools.
- Establish a professional presence in networking groups like local Chambers and/or BNI.
Any and all other tasks assigned by management for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations.
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Please write the words Group Sales Coordinator in the subject line of the email or we will not know what position you are applying. If you would like to complete an application, please come by Walton Arts Center Administrative Offices located at 255 N. School Avenue in Fayetteville to complete the application. No phone calls.