Walton Arts Center is looking for motivated individuals to join our Box Office team. We are currently recruiting for part time positions. Part time box office representatives are expected to work a majority of their shifts during evening events, weekend shifts, and Friday mornings.
This position is responsible for providing exemplary customer service to our patrons. Duties include selling, processing, and printing tickets, for the Walton Arts Center, Walmart AMP and other partner organizations. Part Time Ticket Representatives are expected to work both during regular box office hours and during events and on weekends as scheduled by the Box Office Manager. Ticket Reps work to act as an information resource for patrons with regards to Walton Arts Center, Walmart AMP, and client programming and events, as well as community-wide information whenever possible. Ticket reps are to communicate and reinforce our organizational mission and brand and will represent the Walton Arts Center and Walmart AMP at various shows, performances, and events both on campus and off, as requested.
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to communicate effectively via phone or in person to provide excellent customer service
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must be available to work flexible hours including nights and weekends as needed to meet the needs of the show and on-sale schedule
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, be able to work under pressure, and handle conflict
- Must have the ability to learn and operate a windows based ticketing systems (Tessitura)
- Must be able to use standard Microsoft Office Tools
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be positive, engaged, and enthusiastic
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
Customer service or sales experience. Bachelor degree preferred. Experience in arts or other non-profit organizations preferred.
- Answer phone calls in a timely manner
- Communicate information and organizational policies to patrons
- Solve ticketing issues while maintaining a positive and friendly demeanor
- Monitor and respond to patron voicemails and emails
- Transfer non-ticketing calls to the appropriate person/department
- Monitor email for latest information on Walton Arts Center and Walmart AMP events as well as all local area events
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patron information in Tessitura
- Maintain the highest levels of accuracy with regard to all ticket-related and financial transactions
- Maintain cash drawers with appropriate change
- Any and all other tasks assigned by management for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform with reasonable accommodations
How to apply
Please come by Walton Arts Center Administrative Offices located at 255 N. School Avenue in Fayetteville to complete a paper application. Or you may email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Emails received without the name of the position for which you are applying will not be considered. Please, no phone calls.
Walton Arts Center is a presenting facility located in the heart of Northwest Arkansas with venues that include a 1201-seat auditorium with proscenium stage, a 200-seat variable stage black box theater, a 7000 outdoor amphitheater featuring popular contemporary concert artists and a 200-seat multi-purpose space.