The position’s primary responsibility is ensuring the execution of audio requirements of touring productions and WAC produced events. Additionally, the Audio Manager will oversee regular maintenance of all audio equipment inside and outside of theatrical spaces to ensure optimal performance for all events produced or presented by WAC. This position will supervise WAC technicians and local crew members, as well as work with touring technicians, to present every event in the most efficient and professional manner possible.
Essential Job Functions
- Leading and developing stage technicians and local crew in professional audio practices, workplace safety, and venue operating policies and procedures.
- Overseeing maintenance, organization, and tracking of audio and video inventory
- Planning and executing all audio needs for WAC presented and produced events
- Assisting with planning and execution of capital improvements related to audio
- Any and all other tasks assigned by management for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations.
Minimum 5 years’ experience of professional audio mixing in a presenting or touring setting required. The candidate should be proficient with large-format line array systems, stage monitoring systems, large-format pro audio consoles, RF systems, live and post-production mixing techniques, ClearCom systems, equipment repair, network communication, industry-relevant presentation software, et al. Demonstrated leadership and troubleshooting skills are essential. Bachelor’s degree in theatrical production preferred. Live video production experience a plus.
Relevant Technical Proficiency
Meyer Galileo Systems, Avid VENUE Consoles, Nexo Geo/NS1 Systems, Yamaha CL-Series Consoles, Behringer X-Series Consoles, Dante Networks
Relevant Software Proficiency
MS Windows, MS Office, Mac OS/OSX, Qlab, Shure Wireless Workbench, Smaart or other acoustic analysis software
As Walton Arts Center is a growing, dynamic organization, flexibility in job assignments is essential. This job description, therefore, is subject to change. Interested candidates may contact Karen Percival, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com. Please email your cover letter and resume using the subject line “Audio Manager”.