Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On TwitterTweets by @walton_arts
- Walmart AMP Announces Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s StoneTM in Concert
- Radio and Music Legends to Perform at Walton Arts Center
- Third Coast Percussion to Perform John Luther Adams’ Inuksuit at Botanical Garden of the Ozarks
- Iconic Rock Group KISS to Perform at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Presents Motown the Musical
- Hank Williams Jr. Returns to the Walmart AMP
- Live Nation Celebrates Beginning of Summer Concert Season with National Concert Day and Special Offer for Fans
- NEW SHOW: Rascal Flatts Rhythm & Roots Tour 2017 at Walmart AMP
- Artosphere Trail Mix Weekend May 13-14 Experience Art, Music and Nature Along Regional Trails
- ANNOUNCING: West Street Live 2017-2018 Lineup
- Walmart Presents Mary J. Blige in Debut Performance at the Walmart AMP
- Shopkins Live! Coming to Walton Arts Center
- Artosphere Festival Orchestra Returns to NWA - Musicians from Around the World Gather for 2017 Artosphere Festival Residency in May
- Outlaw Music Festival Tour Brings Star-Studded Line-Up to the Walmart AMP for One Show Featuring Willie Nelson & Family, Sheryl Crow and More
- July 4th Spectacular Featuring the Symphony of Northwest Arkansas at the Walmart AMP
- Greater Tuna Brings A Night of Laughs to Walton Arts Center
- Comedian Brian Regan announces tour including WAC show on June 15
- VoiceJam Festival Crowns 2017 Champion
- Niyaz to Perform New Album, The Fourth Light, At Walton Arts Center
- Joe Bonamassa announces extensive 2017 North American Fall Tour
- Walton Arts Center Presents 3rd Annual SEEK Fayetteville Event Co-hosted by Puritan Coffee & Beer and Fayettechill Clothing Co.
- Walton Arts Center Presents Tony Award®-Winning Play, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
- NEW SHOW: Matchbox Twenty and Counting Crows Join Forces for A Brief History of Everything Tour 2017
- NEW SHOW: Brad PaisleySummer 2017 Tour With Special Guests Dustin Lynch, Chase Bryant and Lindsay Ell
- Imaginative, Improvisational, Inspired Janoska Ensemble At Walton Arts Center
- Mnozil Brass Brings Music, Laughs for the Whole Family to Walton Arts Center
- Naturally 7 to Headline the 3rd Annual VoiceJam A Cappella Festival At Walton Arts Center
- NEW SHOW: Sublime with Rome and The Offspring at Walmart AMP
- Eric Carle Story Time at Barnes & Noble
- NEW SHOW: ZZ Top at Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Kidz Bop: Best Time Ever at Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Boston Hyper Space Tour at Walmart AMP
- Finalists for the 3rd Annual VoiceJam Competition - Walton Arts Center - April 1, 2017
- NEW SHOW: Lady Antebellum at Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Blink-182 With The Naked and Famous & Wavves at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center exhibit features The Fabric of Nature by Andrea Packard
- NEW SHOW: Steve Miller Band with Peter Frampton - Walmart AMP - Tuesday, July 18 at 7pm
- NEW SHOW: Tedeschi Trucks Band Brings Wheels of Soul Tour to Walmart AMP July 25
- NEW SHOW: Train, O.A.R. and Natasha Bedingfield at Walmart AMP on May 22
- NEW SHOW: Third Eye Blind Celebrates 20th Anniversary With Summer Gods Tour at Walmart AMP
- Be "Gentlemanly" for 7hills Homeless Shelter this winter!
- Kicking Off the 10x10 Arts Series With the Dover Quartet and Avi Avital
- Broadway's Tony Award®-Winning Best Musical A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder at Walton Arts Center
- It’s the Holiday Season at Walton Arts Center
- Grammy® Award-Winning Chris Botti at Walton Arts Center
- Thanksgiving Hours
- Celebrate the 25th Anniversary at Walton Arts Center with Chris Botti - Friday, Dec. 2 at 8pm
- Scott Galbraith Named Vice President of Programming for Walton Arts Center
- Single Tickets on Sale TODAY for Walton Arts Center Shows
- Walton Arts Center Announces The Book of Mormon Single Tickets on sale Friday, August 19 at 10am
- Walmart AMP Announces NEW AMP FEST (Beer, Music, Tech)
- New Box Office Hours
- Walton Arts Center Employee Robert Ginsburg Recognized with Jazz Journalist Association Jazz Hero Award and Announces Jazz Education Initiative
- NEW SHOW: Meghan Trainor at Walmart AMP Tuesday, Aug. 2 at 7pm
- NEW SHOW: The Strange Undoing of Prudencia Hart at Walton Arts Center - Wednesday - Sunday, May 4-8
- NEW SHOW: Michael McDonald & Boz Scaggs at the Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Circa's Carnival of the Animals coming to WAC's 7th Artosphere Festival - Friday, May 13 at 7pm
- VoiceJam Competition Crowns a Winner
- NEW SHOW: Menopause The Musical: The Survivor Tour at WAC Sunday, April 10 at 4pm- Portions of ticket sales benefit Susan G. Komen Ozark Affiliate
- This May: Artosphere Festival Returns
- NEW SHOW: Shinedown CARNIVAL OF MADNESS at Walmart AMP With Halestorm, Black Stone Cherry and Whiskey Myers
- NEW SHOW: Theatergroep Kwatta presents LOVE THAT DOG at Walton Arts Center - Sunday, April 3 at 2pm
- Walton Arts Center and Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art Join National Study on Economic Impact of Arts and Culture
- NEW SHOW: Miranda Lambert Coming to Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Introduces 2016-17 Procter & Gamble Broadway Series
- NEW SHOW: Traditional Irish Folk Group Coming to Walton Arts Center
- The Bridges of Madison County at Walton Arts Center
- NEW SHOW: 2016 Grammy®-Award Winning Mavis Staples and Nick Lowe
- NEW SHOW: Salzburg Marionette Theatre's The Sound of Music at Walton Arts Center
- NEW SHOW: Jason Aldean with special guests Thomas Rhett and A Thousand Horses at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Announces VoiceJam Competition Finalists
- CANCELED: Don Williams
- NEW SHOW: Kenny Chesney Spreads the Love at Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Blue Man Group returns to Walton Arts Center
- NEW SHOW: Weezer and Panic! At The Disco – Summer Tour 2016
- NEW SHOW: Walton Arts Center and Classic Albums Live present The Beatles’ Abbey Road
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella Comes to Walton Arts Center
- All Shoes and Boots Wanted to Help out PEACE at HOME Family Shelter
- Brian Crowne Named Vice President of Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Announces Don Williams
- L.A. Theatre Works’ Dracula Debuts at Walton Arts Center
- Pianist Simone Dinnerstein Coming to Walton Arts Center
- Walton Arts Center Receives $25,000 National Endowment for the Arts Art Works Grant
- Walton Arts Center Welcomes NPR’s Ira Glass
- Walton Arts Center Announces Gifts from Nicholas and Carolyn Cole & Malcolm and Ellen Hayward
- Long-Time Walton Arts Center Employee Announces Retirement
- Walton Arts Center presents MAMMA MIA!
- 2013 Tony® Award-Winning Best Musical Coming to Walton Arts Center
- Erin Turner Hogue Named Vice President of Development for Walton Arts Center
- Walton Arts Center Presents The National Circus and Acrobats of the People’s Republic of China
- Legendary Pat Martino Trio Coming to Walton Arts Center
- Walton Arts Center Announces Home For the Holidays Series
- This Christmas –An Evening of Holiday and Hits with Michael McDonald at Walton Arts Center
- Pardon Our Dust: WAC is Open!
- National Philanthropy Day to Recognize Missy Darwin Kincaid
- Walton Arts Center Announces Gift from the Bill and LeAnn Underwood Family
- World Contemporary A Cappella Festival Returns to Northwest Arkansas!
- Announcing Ellie Goulding at Walmart AMP
- Entire Jazz Series on sale today - Anat Cohen kicks things off!
- NEW SHOW NEW SEASON: Twenty One Pilots at Walmart AMP
- Paragon Ragtime Orchestra to Present The Clown Princes of Silent Comedy at Walton Arts Center
- WAC BLOG: The Hard Hat Season is Here!
- Arts Partnership to Benefit Northwest Arkansas Children
- Subscriptions to the 10x10 Arts Series On Sale Now!
- Walton Arts Center Announces Diana Krall and 2015-16 Season
- NEW SHOW: Bryan Adams at Walmart AMP on Saturday, Sept. 19 at 7:30pm
- NEW SHOW: TobyMac at Walmart AMP on Sunday, Oct. 4 at 7pm
- Walton Arts Center Building Closes, WAC Box Office Moves to Nadine Baum Studios, Walmart AMP Box Office Opens in Rogers
- Walton Arts Center Announces Helen R. Walton Distinguished Achievement Award Recipient
- Walton Arts Center Holds Groundbreaking Celebration
- NEW SHOW: Pedro Fernandez at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Announces $500,000 Gift from Long-Time Supporter The Starr Foundation and the Starr Family
- Walton Arts Center Announces $500,000 Gift From General Mills
- NEW SHOW: Kid Rock at the Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Jackson Browne at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Announces $500,000 Gift From Tyson Foods for Building Expansion
- Walton Arts Center Announces $500,000 Gift From J. B. Hunt Transport
- Proctor & Gamble honored with Star of Touring Broadway Award
- Walton Arts Center Announces $1 Million Gift From Marti and Kelly Sudduth
- Hank Williams Jr. with 38 SPECIAL and Whiskey Myers at the Walmart AMP
- Digging Up Arkansas Goes On The Road
- Walton Arts Center Announces $1.5 Million Grant From Walmart Foundation
- VoiceJam Competition Crowns A Winner!
- Acrobatic Show Coming to Walton Arts Center
- Walton Arts Center Presents Visual Art Exhibitions by Sue Johnson and Jennifer Levonian in the Joy Pratt Markham Gallery
- Broadway ONCE makes stop at Walton Arts Center - April 29-May 3
- WAC Announces Artosphere Festival - June 16-27
- Walton Arts Center Welcomes Back Humorist and Bestselling Author David Sedaris
- Theater Terra to perform Spot at Walton Arts Center
- Parking Changes
- World-Renowned Ballerina Wendy Whelan Comes to Walton Arts Center
- NEW SHOW: Lady Antebellum and Hunter Hayes at Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Widespread Panic at the Walmart AMP
- NEW SHOW: Third Eye Blind and Dashboard Confessional at Walmart AMP
- Walton Arts Center Introduces 2015-16 Broadway Series and Additional Shows
- Walton Arts Center Announces $5 Million Challenge Grant from Walton Family Foundation
- Walton Arts Center Announces 2015-16 Procter & Gamble Broadway Series
- VoiceJam Competition Finalists and “Pitch Perfect 2” Pre-Screening Announced
- Brantley Gilbert Tickets On Sale February 27
- Chicago Tickets On Sale This Friday, February 20
- Eclectic Dance Troupe Makes a Stop at Walton Arts Center
- Artist’s Reception Canceled for Former Huntsville Residents
- Classic Tales Come to Light at Walton Arts Center
- Local Young Actors Cast to Perform in Camelot at Walton Arts Center
- Walmart AMP Announces NEEDTOBREATHE Tour De Compadres Will Perform on April 24
- WAC kicks off second year of Youth Volunteer Corps program
- Sinbad to bring one-man comedy show to Walton Arts Center
- “Seinfeld” star, John O’Hurley, brings the ole "razzle dazzle" to NWA!
- WAC announces Walmart as title sponsor for the AMP
- Walton Arts Center exhibition debuts the operatic costumes of Lesley Dill
The esteemed Artosphere Festival Orchestra, known for its exceptional caliber of musicianship, returns to Northwest Arkansas next month to delight audiences as the musical centerpiece of the 8th Annual Artosphere: Arkansas’ Arts + Nature Festival.
Presented by Walton Arts Center, the 2017 Artosphere Festival celebrates the intersection of art, music, nature and sustainability with performances, events and activities at locations across the region May 4-20.
The Artosphere Festival Orchestra (AFO) is now in its seventh year performing under the baton of internationally acclaimed Maestro Corrado Rovaris. Recognized as an important voice in classical music by American Public Media’s Performance Today — the nation’s most popular classical music radio program — AFO features more than 90 premier musicians from major symphonies, prestigious ensembles and distinguished programs across the globe performing both classic and new works by leading composers.
At this year’s Artosphere Festival, AFO musicians will traverse broad musical terrain from beloved traditional chamber performances in more intimate settings, to major performances at Walton Arts Center and Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, and fresh and lively “pop-up” concerts in Fayetteville’s Downtown/Dickson entertainment district.
“We are so excited to have the Artosphere Festival Orchestra return for its seventh season in Northwest Arkansas,” Walton Arts Center President and CEO Peter B. Lane said. “Participating musicians have performed across the United States, Europe and Asia delivering outstanding chamber music and orchestral performances, regularly bringing audiences to their feet. We’re thrilled to welcome Maestro Rovaris and the entire AFO ‘home’ for another exceptional festival season.”
During the festival, AFO will perform three main concerts: Live from Crystal Bridges: Mozart in the Museum on May 12; Mendelssohn In Scotland on May 17; and the Artosphere Festival Finaleon May 20.
In addition, classical music lovers can enjoy chamber music performances during the Chapel Music Series featuring by AFO’s founding principal strings and resident quartet, the Dover Quartet: An Evening of Beethoven on May 9 and Live from Crystal Bridges: Dover Quartet on May 13. AFO musicians will also perform causal “pop-up concerts” on May 18 in downtown Fayetteville during AFO: Off the Grid.
AFO MAIN EVENTS:
Live from Crystal Bridges: Mozart in the Museum
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, Bentonville
Friday, May 12, 8 pm | Limited Availability
This all-Mozart program showcases the talents of the orchestra’s principal clarinet player Andrea Levine, bassoonist Wade Coufal, hornist Alexander Chin and oboist Rick Basehore as featured soloists. This concert will be broadcast live on KUAF 91.3 FM Public Radio.
Mendelssohn In Scotland
Walton Arts Center, Baum Walker Hall, Fayetteville
Wednesday, May 17, 7 pm | Tickets $10
This invigorating performance musically sketches Felix Mendelssohn’s 1829 three-week walking tour of Scotland, featuring his Hebrides Overture and Symphony No. 3 “Scottish,” as well as Johannes Brahms’ Variations on a theme by Haydn.
Artosphere Festival Finale
Walton Arts Center, Baum Walker Hall, Fayetteville
Saturday, May 20, 8 pm | Tickets $10
Musicians will perform Luciano Berio’s Four original versions of the “Ritirata notturna di Madrid” of L. Boccherini, superimposed and transcribed for orchestra; Antonin Dvořák’s Symphony No. 7; and Avner Dorman’s Frozen in Time Percussion Concerto featuring soloist Malavika Godbole.
MORE CLASSICAL MUSIC EVENTS:
Chapel Music Series
Dover Quartet: An Evening of Beethoven
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Fayetteville
Tuesday, May 9, 7 pm | Tickets: $10
One of the most in-demand ensembles in the world and dubbed “the young American string quartet of the moment” by The New Yorker, the Dover Quartet will kick off this year’s Chapel Music Series with a special all-Beethoven performance in the stunning St. Paul’s chapel in Fayetteville.
Chapel Music Series
Live from Crystal Bridges: Dover Quartet
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, Bentonville
Saturday, May 13, 4 pm | Tickets: $25
The internationally acclaimed Dover Quartet will present an afternoon of exquisite entertainment in the Great Hall of Crystal Bridges with a variety of classical music including the world premiere of Four Miniatures for String Quartet by Richard Danielpour, commissioned for the Dover Quartet by Walton Arts Center and Artosphere. This concert will be recorded live for delayed broadcast on KUAF 91.3 FM Public Radio.
AFO: Off the Grid
Downtown/Dickson Entertainment District, Fayetteville
Thursday, May 18, 7 pm | Free
Enjoy an evening of music and celebration at local pubs and other popular gathering places as AFO musician perform pop-up concerts for your listening pleasure. See the Artosphere App or website for details and locations.
The 2017 Artosphere Festival features many free and low-cost performances, events and art experiences across the region for children, families and the entire community to enjoy. Showcasing artists who are influenced by nature, Artosphere provides a creative framework by which the community can explore important issues of sustainability.
To purchase tickets and for more information about the Artosphere Festival Orchestra and 8th Annual Artosphere Festival, download the new Artosphere App, available on Google Play™ or in the Apple(R) App StoreSM; visit artospherfestival.org; or call the Walton Arts Center Box Office at (479) 443-5600.
Thanks to Greenwood Gearhart Inc., Tyson Foods Inc., Walton Family Foundation, Walmart, Experience Fayetteville, Springdale A&P, Visit Bentonville, Mid-America Arts Alliance, National Endowment for the Arts, Blue & You Foundation and Friends of Walton Arts Center. Additional support provided by Lee and Linda Scott. Support for AFO Music Director Corrado Rovaris provided by Mary Ann and Reed Greenwood. Media Partners: NWA Democrat-Gazette, CitiScapes Magazine, Celebrate Arkansas, NWA Business Journal, The Arkansas CW and KUAF 91.3 FM Public Radio. The Artosphere App is compatible with all standard smartphones and tablets. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.
About Walton Arts Center
Walton Arts Center celebrates its 25th Anniversary season as Arkansas' premier center for the performing arts and entertainment. The Investing in our Future $23 million campaign marked its completion when the doors opened in November of 2016. Each year more than 190,000 people from Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma and beyond attend over 350 public events at Walton Arts Center, including performances, rehearsals, community gatherings, receptions, graduations and more. Approximately 45,500 students and teachers participate annually in arts learning programs at Walton Arts Center, and almost 300 volunteers donate more than 22,000 hours of time each year to its operations. Walton Arts Center presents entertainers and artists from around the world including Broadway musicals, renowned dance companies, international artists, up-and-coming jazz musicians and more. As a non-profit organization, Walton Arts Center enjoys the generous support of public sector funding, corporate sponsorship and private donors, allowing audience members to pay on average only 50% of the cost of programs offered. To learn more about Walton Arts Center, visit www.waltonartscenter.org