- At Walton Arts Center
495 W. Dickson St.
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Monday - Friday / 10am to 6pm
Saturday 12pm to 4pm
- One hour prior to showtime
- At Walmart AMP
5079 West Northgate Rd.
Rogers, AR 72758
Monday - Friday / 10am to 5pm
Saturday & Sunday / Open at noon on concert days only
- Phone: (479) 443.5600
- Fax: (479) 443.9024
House Manager - Full Time
The Full -time House Manager provides leadership to part time house managers, volunteer corps and event team during performances and special events. Ideal candidate will be able to troubleshoot problems quickly and effectively to guarantee patron satisfaction and safety. Must be comfortable working in a multi venue environment, with multiple performances running at the same time. Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Possess strong customer service skills and good judgment to provide solutions to problems that come up during events, including emergencies, late seating, disruptive patrons, etc. House Managers also ensure excellent customer service in our concessions area and on occasion act as concierge/hospitality contact for our donor lounge. At the Walmart AMP, House Manager may act in supervisory role and must be comfortable with enforcing policy related to prohibited items, ticketing issues and entry status. Additional administrative duties and projects for the Events & Patron Services Department will be assigned as required based on availability.
Full time house managers will work 40 hours a week. Duties and schedule each week will shift dependent on the quantity and timing of events at the facilities; with first priority being in support of public events and administrative support filling in the remaining time. Shifts are assigned in advance by Patron Services Manager
All classifications are expected to attend and participate in department meetings, all staff meetings, staff/volunteer training sessions and team building events.
High School Diploma or Equivalent. General knowledge of theatre operations, excellent customer service and guest relations. House Managers will sometimes be required to pour and serve alcohol all applicants must be 21 years of age. Previous experience working with special events and volunteers preferred; must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Essential Job Functions:
- FT House Manager is highly visible at all times, with the expectation to provide exceptional customer service to all of our patrons, vendors and peers. As such, House Managers are expected to maintain behavior and physical appearance that are representative of a diverse, world-class performing arts facility.
- Leadership, teamwork, interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and the ability to develop good relationships with staff, volunteers, and patrons, visiting artists and tour staff.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-directed. Work with minimal supervision.
- Strong Organizational and communication skills
- Must maintain a calm, positive attitude during busy and sometimes stressful activities
- Must be comfortable speaking in public and meeting new people.
- Comfortable commanding a supervisory role during emergency situations
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time (up to 5 hours), and climb stairs
- Comfortable serving alcohol and working around patrons who may be drinking alcohol; enforcing policy regarding alcohol consumption
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Trained or trainable in CPR/First Aid/AED, Crowd Management, Food Handling and Alcohol Service
- Solid math skills, including ability to work with percentages and reconcile cash transactions.
- Must be flexible with working days, evenings and weekends, but primarily nights and weekends.
- Carrying the lead role at selected performances and events, taking leadership responsibility for all front of house duties.
- Maintain SOP in all aspects of patron experience, from pre-show set up to end of night tear down and closing procedures.
- Guide staff, volunteers and patrons during emergency situations
- Responsible for accurate accounting procedures for all Front of House retail sales.
- At AMP, responsible for enforcing no-reentry, prohibited items and other policies as necessary. Deescalating situations with unhappy patrons.
- Provide support during set up of front of house activities related to concessions, donor lounge, merchandising and assisting with special events.
- Maintain an alert state of mind to all aspects of building safety and security measures, working closely with onsite security during events.
- Conduct pre-show meetings with volunteers and make final adjustments to volunteer assignments as required.
- Maintain supplies, inventory and replenishment for all retail stations.
- Maintain and launder towels, linens and uniforms as needed.
- Familiarize themselves with WAC policies, sponsorships, and constituents to ensure knowledgeable interactions while providing customer service.
- Administration duties may include, but are not limited to: data entry, analysis and distribution of information to internal staff, tracking and ordering inventory, research projects.
- Be comfortable with training volunteers in all aspects of cash handling and point-of-sale systems.
- Communicates with Box Office, Production, and Facilities to ensure smooth operation of events from beginning to end, follow up on issues as needed.
- Assists with ADA needs of patrons before, during, and after the show.
- Follow all Walton Arts Center policies and procedures.
- Maintain all concession equipment Coke Fountain system, and inventory as required. Stay up to date with technology servicing and procedures of point of sale systems.
- Ability to complete end of show reports, incident reports and retail sales reports as needed.
- Any and all other tasks assigned by management for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations.
If you are interested in working for the Walton Arts Center, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the name of the job you are applying for in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. No phone calls please.