- At Walton Arts Center
495 W. Dickson St.
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Monday - Friday / 10am to 6pm
Saturday 12pm to 4pm
- One hour prior to showtime
- Phone: (479) 443.5600
- Fax: (479) 443.9024
Director of Foundation Relations
Walton Arts Center is seeking an individual to join the Development team as the Director of Foundation Relations.
JOB SUMMARY: Position works to develop meaningful relationships with various constituencies to grow the donor base of Walton Arts Center and increase contributed income. The Director of Foundation Relations works closely with VP of Development, CEO, and Executive Team to design and execute a comprehensive development strategy for major foundations. The Director of Foundation Relations is responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources. This includes compiling, writing and editing grant applications, as well as developing templates to streamline the grant proposal process. Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals; strong editing skills; attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment; knowledge of fundraising information sources and basic fundraising techniques and strategies; knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research; strong contributor in team environments; ability to monitor and meet income goals. Position also provides leadership to Development team with significant involvement in special events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Excellent writing skills including the ability for write for various audiences and in different audiences
- Ability to assimilate organizational messages and goals into concrete, vibrant language
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills – good relationship builder
- Desire to strive constantly for perfection
- Ability to understand the broad goals of the organization and translate those into fundable opportunities for granting organizations or other funding sources
- Good analytical skills with ability to collect, and understand basic organizational statistics and audience data
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of arts audiences (or demonstrated desire and ability to learn about them)
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in communications, English or related field. 5 years of development experience desired, experience in grant writing required. Proven record of excellent interpersonal communication skills as well as strong writing skills required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Execute all activities related to grant management including prospecting, research, proposal development, budget development, grant writing, etc.
- Develop long range plans to increase funding from local, regional and national foundations and governmental agencies and organizations
- Maintain grant application, award and report records; oversee timeline for filing and reporting on grant request and awards
- Maintain invoice and payment records of grant awards
- Work with all departments to gather information about needs and assimilate those with organizational priorities to match needs with grant opportunities
- Ensure information is disseminated to all departments to ensure proper execution of grants received
- Build and strengthen relationships with foundations and their arts program representatives to establish funding opportunities
- Serve as liaison for governmental agencies and elected officials at the local, state and federal level
- Assist and lead, as needed, in special events activities related to major donors and fundraising (Art of Wine Festival, Masquerade Ball, President’s Dinners, Friends Lounge, etc.)
- Assists with other fundraising projects as requested
- Attend Friends Lounge, VIP Lounge at the AMP, Meet & Greets and other special events as needed
- Serve as supervisor for the Corporate and Foundation Development Coordinator and work with the Development team to ensure timely and ethical service to donors
- Serve as member of Development leadership team that works together to develop overall strategies and goals for the team
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and integrity while dealing with information about donors, sponsors and funders.
- Promote awareness among Walton Arts Center staff of the importance of fundraising and the need for all to participate as “Development Officers” in the context of improving customer service.
- Be familiar with other Walton Arts Center benefit programs and how they impact donors.
Any and all other tasks assigned by management for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations.
If you are interested in working for the Walton Arts Center, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the name of the job you are applying for in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. No phone calls please.
Walton Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity in its board and staff. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary based upon experience, a comprehensive benefits package including a 403(b) plan and the opportunity to be a valued member of a dedicated, enthusiastic and highly creative community of arts professionals.